Monday, April 20, 2009

One Day Closer to "Welcome Home"

This weekend has been a roller coaster of emotions, one that we have been dreading since Brandon received his orders to deploy to Kuwait. We started out with a ceremony here in Worland on Saturday. After the ceremony Brandon and I decided to make the trip to Casper a day early. Mostly to get away from the lingering stress at home.
We were joined Sunday morning by my parents for lunch before yet another ceremony. After we ate we made our way to the Casper Events Center where we met up with Brandon's family. Once again we sat through an emotional ceremony barely being able to keep our composure.
After we were finished with the ceremony we wen to the hotel that the guard had arranged for us to stay. We were a little skeptical when we entered the lobby and saw wild floral patterns, a pink metal staircase, and an odd smell. We brushed it off and got the key to our room and made our way upstairs. Once we got to our room we opened the door to find one of the scariest rooms either of us has ever seen. There were two tiny beds with old dusty comforters, yellowed headboards, (I'm assuming they were probably white when the hotel first opened like a hundred years ago) and a tiny yellowed sink surrounded by dark rock. We put our bag on the bed and rested our leg on the edge, the mattress almost flipped on top of us. So needless to say we made a phone call and got a different hotel room in a more comfortable hotel. We really weren't looking to catch any disease.

After we got our lodging situation under control we met up with both of our parents for a delicious dinner at Outback.
We all met up bright and early this morning (before 7:00) at the hotel we were supposed to stay the night at, and got Brandon ready to leave. We decided to say our goodbyes at the hotel instead of trying to find each other at the airport and have the possibility of not getting to say goodbye. It was really tough to say goodbye to each other for another year. For me the second time was a little easier because we know what to expect, but Brandon told me it was harder the second time around.
So I guess it's time to use our blog for it's original intended use, to keep all of you updated on Brandon and what he's doing. Thanks everyone for all of your love and support, it has really been a blessing to us as we have prepared for this huge adjustment in our lives!

6 comments:

  1. ow sweetie i just love you two!! thats funny about your hotel room haha!! we will have to get together soon...and i mean that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! When are you coming back to Powell? We'll have to get together for a girls day when you come home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a strong girl! We are thinking about you guys and will remember you both in our prayers! We are sure greatful for the sacrifice you both are making for us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can only imagine the roller coaster of emotions you've been through this past week. I'm praying for Brandon, and his safe journey...most importantly, his safe return to you. I'm also praying for you, that this next year gives you peace.

    ((hugs))
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are a strong woman! I wish you all the best! I am sure you will have lots of love and support from your family... Good luck to you both :) I will keep you in my prayers

    ReplyDelete