
Well we have finally made it to the half-way point of the deployment. And with the halfway point comes Brandon's R&R leave. We have both been anxiously awaiting this leave. It has been a whirlwind trying to get ready for him to come home. Since he has been gone I have kept myself busy doing little "projects" around the house. The fun part of my projects, though nothing extravagant, is the fact that Brandon doesn't know what I've been up to. (I will post a list/pictures of my projects after he has seen them) So not only have I been putting finishing touches on my projects I have been scrubbing down the house from top to bottom and trying to keep my head on strait.
Now any of you who have had the WONDERFUL opportunity to work with the military you know how unorganized they can be. The lack of planning in the military doesn't really coincide with my preference of having things planned out and organized. You may wonder what I'm talking about, Brandon is due home within the next couple of days. Most people would think that we would know when he would be coming home so we could make travel arrangements and be able to let our friends and family know when to expect him home. On the contrary, I have no idea what time Brandon is flying in, let alone what day. I do, however, know what airport he will be flying in to. I will pick him up in Billings either Wednesday evening or sometime Thursday morning. So all of you who are anxious to see him please bear with us while we wait for more concrete plans from the military. (The news will probably come only hours before his plane is to land in Billings.)
So for now I feel like I'm pregnant and just waiting for the baby to come. The car is gassed up, the bags are packed, and I'm ready to leave at a moments notice. I'll let everyone know when my "bundle of joy" finally makes it home. Thanks for being patient.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I am so flipping excited for you, Sha!!!!! I bet you are just so anxious to get him home for a while :) Have so so so much fun with him while he is here!! Love ya girl!!!
ReplyDeleteLove the timeleness the military has... and yes i do agree it is like waiting to have a kid. But hang in there!! It will soon be over and you will be driving home from billings with your bundle of joy trying to get him to relize night from day.... hehe...
ReplyDelete